How Can You Find the Best Label Manufacturer for You?
Finding the best label manufacturer for your products is crucial. Why?
A label is the first impression consumers have of your brand and product. That’s why when it comes to marketing, product labeling is crucial for every manufacturer or marketer.
In many industries, for example, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and electronics, labels are a legal requirement. A label also plays a vital role in branding and marketing, helping to differentiate your product from competitors, attract customer attention, and build brand awareness and loyalty.
Customers often rely on a product label to make informed purchasing decisions, and a well-designed label can provide a sense of trust and familiarity with your brand.
As Steve Jobs famously said, packaging and labels create a story about your brand, making them an essential component of effective marketing.
Now that we have a better idea of how important a label is, what’s the best way to select a product label manufacturer?
When selecting manufacturer, here are some important considerations:
- First, consider your needs. What type of labels do you require? What materials and finishes do you prefer? What is your budget?
- When researching label manufacturers, look for longevity. A company that’s been in business for a long time typically means it offers quality products and services. GenFlex Labeling Solutions, for example, has been in business for more than 90 years.
- Choose a label manufacturer that specializes in the type of label you need. For instance, a labeling company that makes medical industry labels may not be the best fit for a company that produces food or beverage labels.
- Ask if they have minimum order requirements. Considerable time and energy go into the design and production of a label, resulting in some label manufacturers having minimum label requirements.
- What is their turnaround time? By the time a company starts looking for a label manufacturer, it is often up against product deadlines. Know the manufacturer’s typical turnaround time and if it can handle rush orders.
- Ask for samples to get a better idea of the company’s work. Some label manufacturers provide samples on their website or after a quick interview.
- Look for what they have done for other companies. A good indication that you’ve found an excellent company to do business with is when you read what they have done for others. For instance, one organization enjoyed the following by working with General Paper Goods:
- Reduced Customer’s inventory obsolescence.
- Improved Package Costing
- Maintained incredible production and shipping schedules.
Last Steps in the Label Manufacturer Selection Process
These are invariably some of the most important steps. For instance:
- You don’t want a vendor or a company that just makes labels. You want a partner — a label manufacturer – that will offer advice and suggestions, that is cost-effective and adaptable, and has experience making the kind of label you require.
- Another factor to consider when choosing a label manufacturer is its location. There are label manufacturers all over the world, and many of them produce high quality products and have excellent customer service. However, because you want a label manufacturer that is also a partner, it is often better to find a company that is close to you. When making labels, unforeseen issues and questions can arise. When these happen, it is often faster and easier if the labeling company is nearby, and not on the other side of the world.
But here’s the bottom line: Your label is the first thing potential customers see, and it is essential for the effective marketing of your product and brand. Consider that choosing a quality label manufacturer is an investment that will benefit you for years to come.
More information on labels is located here.